THE TEMPORARY HOUSE
In 2012 my husband and I moved into a rent house. It was in a highly desired neighborhood and perfect for our little family of four. Our kids were very young and with it being a rent house until we were in a position to buy, I figured at some point before the girls grew up we would find our forever home. Well maybe not our forever home, but at least buy a home to make our own. The years rolled by quickly and memories were made. In 2016 we bought new living room furniture and I began to realize we were not moving out of that house anytime soon. I made the house as cozy as I could by painting my daughters room, getting the patio looking nice and planting flowers. I have always loved the house, it just wasn't ours. Hoping that our time being renters was almost over, I quit buying things for that house knowing those things might not work in the new house. After several years we had to buy a new refrigerator. I left the plastic on it incase we moved, it would be protected. The years came and went, until I sadly took the plastic off of the fridge accepting the fact that we were not moving anytime soon. The next week that fridge went kaput and we had to get another fridge. That is how long I left the plastic on, trying to protect it for a move that still to this day has not taken place. I woke up this morning thinking I need to buy some chairs for our kitchen table, accepting the fact that still to this day we live in the same rent house. My kids are grown. My oldest daughter is married and expecting. My youngest daughter is in college. And I am sitting here grieving that this was it. This temporary house was the whole childhood of my children and all I ever did was look ahead, waiting for the day to buy our own home. This morning when I was thinking about buying kitchen chairs, I had the same thought that always keeps me bound to complacency. "But what if those chairs won't work in our new house!" Then it was like a lightbulb went off. This is exactly what people do in their temporary life here on earth, waiting for heaven someday. I see it all the time. People not letting transformation take place in their life because they think that it is for later when they go to heaven. Salvation has been taught as going to heaven. Salvation does not mean going to heaven. 2 Corinthians 6 tells us, now is the time of Gods favor and now is the day of salvation. Healing, salvation, wholeness, completion is not reserved for heaven someday. It is in this physical body (temporary house) that God gave us, where we are reconciled back to Him through His Son. This physical body is subject to the spirit if we are not born again or THE HOLY SPIRIT if we are born again. The heavenly realms are the realms of the spirit. Our physical body of flesh and blood does not inherit heaven nor is our struggle against our physical bodies. It is against the rulers, against the authorities, and against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. When someone is not born again of the Spirit, they are in submission to the dark world of the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. The only way to be free from that is to believe in the One God sent to save you. But people refused to love truth as to be saved. They bought the lie of the deceiver and death entered into mankind. Man tried to defeat death by obeying the law that was not sent to save us but to reveal sin. The only One who could obey/fulfil the law was the One God sent. The liar wants you to never believe truth so that you always remain in submission to evil. He wants you to believe that as long as you said the prayer, and you are kind to people that you'll be going to heaven someday and that is where you can have all the promises of God. That's where I can "get my kitchen chairs and have all the things I couldn't have at this temporary house". I often wonder how many people will get to heaven and realize that everything God had for you was actually during your time on earth in your physical body. Healing does not happen outside of your physical body. Salvation is not on hold because you are in flesh and blood. Healing and Salvation are the manifestation of the life of Christ in you. Eternity is NOT somewhere you are going. Eternity is SOMEONE who came into you. Heaven is NOT an inheritance for flesh and blood. Flesh and blood is the inheritance of the Son of Man. Christ in the flesh is the revealing of the children of God to creation. The Son of God went to the cross as the Son of Man to fulfill the law of Moses, that the sons of men would be reconciled back to God as sons of God. The Son of God takes you to the Father through the Spirit. Not through our physical body and not after we leave this physical body. This is not something we see with our natural eyes. It is only perceived through the Spirit. But if you are not born again in this life, on this earth, you will be in submission to the powers of this dark world waiting to go to heaven to receive what was always yours through Christ Jesus. Jesus gives us access to the things of heaven while we are on the earth. That is why He said to pray, Let thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. The righteous requirement of the law is met though those who live according to the Spirit. The mind governed by the flesh needs reconciled to God. The only way for the mind to be reconciled to God is through Jesus. If the Spirit of God lives in us, then we are NOW in the realm of the Spirit, Romans 8:9. If we do not have the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in us, even though our body (flesh and blood) is dependent on death or experiencing death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your MORTAL body because of the Spirit who lives in you. Our flesh and blood are experiencing death WHILE our Spirit is receiving life through the Spirit inside of us that raised Christ from the dead. Then the saying that is written will come true: "DEATH HAS BEEN SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY!"
My physical body moved into this temporary house. I have lived here for 14 years longing for the day I move out. Only to realize the life that took place in here was all that mattered. Its not the location of the Spirit. It is the life that The Spirit gives to those who are in Him. Whether I am in this body or apart from this body, whether I am in this house or apart from this house- I am in Christ and Christ is in me.
2 Corinthians 5:9, "So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the (temporary house) body or away from it."
Comments
Post a Comment